Tanoso  

Tanosu, built where the road crosses the Tano River, was founded by prisoners of war taken by Opoku Ware in Akyem in 1742. A priest who was among them was appointed caretaker of the Tano god. Later in the reign of Opoku Ware a faction moved and founded Bechem on the main road beyond Nkwanta.

[Information given by the Nkwantahene]

Ref:

© 2008 Awua-Domase.com